Neo 1.6 install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toyotarider

Nov 1, 2014
ruffsdale pa
so heres the story. I was to have a cabello 1700 installed few weeks ago. Installers came and it just wouldnt fit. And cabello 1200 was on backorder. Sooo dealer figured best option was a neo 1.6 due to mantrl and hearth sizes. So now its installed with full insulated liner. I have broken it in and its burning good nice and hot but the room just dont heat up. Wont even hit 70. I have a few inch gap at top of surround because my fireplace was oddly sized so installer is fabbing up a filler. I have no block off plate my question is.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 208
No block-off plate = heat goes up the chimney. Then, the Neo 1.6 is a rather small insert. You cannot load a lot of wood, which means it won't generate a lot of heat. Is the fireplace at an exterior wall? You may also loose heat out the back. Putting some Roxul behind the insert may help with that. Can you measure the temperature of the insert during the burn? An IR thermometer can be incredibly helpful.

It is on an inside wall. I am getting 380 degree on door and top of stove pipe 560 degree i can feel some cool air from that gap i called installer he said he will put in block off plate and insulate. I hope that works. Only heat i feel is within 4 foot of insert

get it hotter, and def get the block off plate.
Does it have a blower?

Yep has a blower today i fabbed up a plate to close off the surround and it has made a huge difference. I am sure with the block off plate it will be even better. Ill keep ya posted

Well it turns out my insert is actually defective. The automatic flu is stuck wide open and would need taken apart to be fixed so my installer is swapping it out for a cabello 1200 which is a bigger insert

so heres the story. I was to have a cabello 1700 installed few weeks ago. Installers came and it just wouldnt fit. And cabello 1200 was on backorder. Sooo dealer figured best option was a neo 1.6 due to mantrl and hearth sizes. So now its installed with full insulated liner. I have broken it in and its burning good nice and hot but the room just dont heat up. Wont even hit 70. I have a few inch gap at top of surround because my fireplace was oddly sized so installer is fabbing up a filler. I have no block off plate my question is.
No block-off plate = heat goes up the chimney. Then, the Neo 1.6 is a rather small insert. You cannot load a lot of wood, which means it won't generate a lot of heat. Is the fireplace at an exterior wall? You may also loose heat out the back. Putting some Roxul behind the insert may help with that. Can you measure the temperature of the insert during the burn? An IR thermometer can be incredibly helpful.
I have a 1.7 & that generates lots of high temps. Yes its a smaller box but that means just shorter burn times.

So the neo is just a waste to burn sountil my cabello comes in i pushed it in the fireplace and busted out brick to make a nice square space for block off plate. I want to make sure this thing is perfect. What gauge metal and should it be ss or black iron? For the plate. Also can i use roxul all around tight behind and sides of insert or does it need a gap? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.