Nestor Martin stoves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

precaud

Minister of Fire
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny New Mexico
www.linearz.com
Anyone have experience with or opinions about these stoves? They remind me of the Scan stoves... modern lines, huge frontal glass. Last year I was in the local Scan dealer and was really impressed with the burn model's forward radiation through the big glass. The design of this one looks very much the same.

Precaud this is a Belgian stove which is being imported into the US by Evolution Trade Group, the same firm which is importing the Max Blank line. They make some pretty neat fireplace inserts which have ducts set up to bring heat to other rooms and one of the biggest viewing windows I've ever seen. My wife nixed the look so I didn't go much further than that.

Burn-1 said:
Precaud this is a Belgian stove which is being imported into the US by Evolution Trade Group, the same firm which is importing the Max Blank line.
Yes Burn-1, I talked to a guy at ETG this morning. They don't have a dealer in NM...

They make some pretty neat fireplace inserts which have ducts set up to bring heat to other rooms and one of the biggest viewing windows I've ever seen.
That big glass is the attraction for me too. Besides the gorgeous fire view and lots of forward-radiated heat, my hunch is it translates into a stove that is quick to provide useable heat from startup. And the startup air is provided below the grate, which is ideal for wakening a bed of coals in the morning. So... the design has alot of features that I like...

My wife nixed the look so I didn't go much further than that.
What? She doesn't like a stove that looks like a TV turned on it's side?!?! What's wrong with her? :)

Max Blank, those are some pretty unique stoves!

Yup... German. And pricey, too! I looked at them this afternoon. They had one of the Mega Elegance IV's on the floor... ONLY 5 grand!

Status
Not open for further replies.