Never heard of this brand of pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fespo

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 14, 2005
South West burbs of Chicago
I was sending in my warranty card for my tiller and i seen this. http://www.cumberlandstoveworks.com/ Never seen it before but there front and mini tiller are great! Has any one heard of these stove or know someone with one. Fespo

I bought a Cumberland Stove Works Model MF3500 used this year. I understand that these stoves just came out in 2007.
After working through a few minor problems, I am overall very happy with this stove.
I have dealt with their customer service department on several occasions and they are outstanding.
I think the unit is nice looking and very user friendly.

I was looking at getting one from a local dealer that I know before I bought my Harman. He said he had some trouble with the board with the very first ones that came out but later on in the year they improved. He said so far this year he hasn't had a problem with one- he said he sold about 12 so far. I really like the construction and looks of the unit but the blower is kinda noisy. He also commented that they were no where near as efficient as they claim to be (better than the Del Point Europa) - but they were up to par with St. Croix, Harman ect..

Deffy said:
i just looked at the site.niiice stove. esp the remote control. i wish englander would put out a remote control for the 25pdvc. i'd buy it. i hate feeling toward the rear bottom of the stove and hope i hit the right button, all while hoping my clothes dont catch fire

guess i'll have to work on that . you might consider connecting to a t-stat , ive been running one this season and quite frankly im kicking myself for not doing it sooner, i just set it and walk off the temp maintainis a constant 72F as long as the outside temps dont sneak up too high , but it steadys up at the setpoint and doesnt deviate at all.

Mine is one of the earlier models with manual ignition. I was having issues with my control board. The guys at Cumberland Stove Works ended up sending me a new one. The earlier stoves came with the proof of fire switch surface mounted to the exhaust tube, which caused slow start problems. At the recommendation of Pete and Bob at Cumberland, I drilled a 1" hole into the exhaust tube and sunk the proof of fire switch in. Pretty easy fix. It sounds like they have most of the kinks worked out of the early models.

The only issue I'm having now is that sometimes when I start up the stove I get a vaccuum fault. I've found that if I remove the air filter during startup, and then replace it after, that I can prevent the fault. Anyone have any ideas on why this might be? If the problem persists, I'll get in touch with one of the techs.

As I stated earlier, the customer service I have experienced with Cumberland has been great. They even provided me with one of the technicians cell phone numbers in case I had any problems after hours.
They also got parts out to me right away with no questions asked and free of charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.