New article in the Wiki How-To section

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

precaud

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny New Mexico
www.linearz.com
Nice job, pre.

I like it. One might add to check to see if your secondary air inlet is thematically controlled. I know VC has many stoves setup that way. I know that others also do but I can't recall the manufactures. It will be extrememly important to burn seasoned dry wood.
If air is cut too low cresote can build up, especially in wetter woods

elkimmeg said:
One might add to check to see if your secondary air inlet is thematically controlled.
Interesting point. And if it is, what would you suggest: disabling the thermo mechanism, or buttoning it back up and don't mess with it? I'd lean toward the latter.

The secondary air controler is attached to a spring like mechonism similar toa stove top thermo. It has a heat sensing prove, that will expand or contract the spring that opens or closes the secondary air inlet as needed. Regulating that air extends a even heat out put. My recomemdation is not to mess with, what is already functioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.