New auger motor/leaf blower cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HEMI

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Aug 17, 2009
connecticut
just installed the new upper auger motor and it seems to have solved the problem i was having of a dry cycle of pellets which was giving me a fire then it would dye out cause no fuel was being put in for 2 cylcles then when the pellts did come in it was like start up all over....anyway that seems solved (fingers crossed).

now on to the leaf blower, this stove only has a max of 20 bags ran through it but i did it anyway.....wasn't alot that came out but more then i think should have for 20 bags.....needless to stay i do have a more active flame that is blue at the base and yellow throughout, occasional lazy flame mixed it but nothing like before...is the leaf blower something i will have to do lets say every ton that is burned or is it just because the stove was burnin dirty?

and lastly will more air give me a bigger flame or smaller?

Most of us are cleaning the vent(which ever method) around a ton. Some are waiting longer. It depends on the stove and vent configuration.

Lets hope you don't have to do it that often. But one of the signs is a lazy flame.

jtakeman said:
Most of us are cleaning the vent(which ever method) around a ton. Some are waiting longer. It depends on the stove and vent configuration.

Lets hope you don't have to do it that often. But one of the signs is a lazy flame.
Not just the vent gets cleaned with the leafblower hidden ports in the stove do as well.

mnkywrnch said:
jtakeman said:

Not just the vent gets cleaned with the leafblower hidden ports in the stove do as well.

mnkywrnch is right, Leaf blower does more than just the vent. It does the whole stove!

Status
Not open for further replies.