1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

New Avalon Rainer

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by philaphire, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philaphire

philaphire Member

Loc:
    Blue Bell, PA
    Attached is a pic of my new stove cranking on her third fire. Thanks to everyone on this forum who has contributed over the past year plus that I've been a member. Forget Kindergarden, everything I know I learned on hearth.com! (well, not everything ;) ) I don't know why it's grainy, it happens when I resize it, perhaps I'm doing something wrong... need to search the forum for help!

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. velvetfoot

velvetfoot Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Sand Lake, NY
    That looks very nicy.
  3. NewtownPA

NewtownPA New Member

Loc:
    Newtown, PA
    Awesome! Another Rainier user! Your fire looks blazing hot!

I just ordered the chimney liner from Rockford - got the 0.005 thickness and I got the flat stainless steel "Terra Cotta" fitting top with collar. How do you like the cap that comes with the kit. It says it's wind proof which will be an improvement over the one I have now.

Did you take any pictures of your liner installation? Maybe you could post those as well. As for resizing pics I use Photoshop and have no issues with them being grainy.

Again, congratulations on your Rainier and new liner! :)

-Nathan
  4. philaphire

philaphire Member

Loc:
    Blue Bell, PA
    I did not take pics of the install, but here goes some finished pics to give you an idea. In the one you can see the "bend" I had to put in the liner for it to connect. Next you'll see my roof - lots of room for a safe and easy install - I know this isn't your case so best wishes! Finally, the standard chimney cap that requires a bit of caulk to make up the gap on the long sides due to the pyramid shape. I can tell you, it's not going anywhere and it looks good from the ground!

Attached Files:

• liner.JPG
      liner.JPG
      File size:
      100.9 KB
      Views:
    • roof.JPG
      roof.JPG
      File size:
      130.6 KB
      Views:
    • cap.JPG
      cap.JPG
      File size:
      77.8 KB
      Views:
  5. titan

titan Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    Philaphire,consider yourself lucky....that chimney would be easy to clean,even in an ice storm.Enjoy your new insert.BTW are you installing a surround behind the unit?
  6. philaphire

philaphire Member

Loc:
    Blue Bell, PA
    no, the goal is to keep it open like a freestanding stove. That's what's nice about the Rainer, it's designed to be either freestanding or inserted and therefore has finished sides which looks nice. I should mention that the fireplace is in has an open side, which is how I got that one pic, and why I think a surround wouldn't look great to have the front sealed and the side open. Moreover, we like the arch in the opening. The only thing I should maybe do is paint the liner black, but not sure how well that will work so I'm going to hold off. Here's a pic of the fireplace from the side, before the insert...

Attached Files:

7. titan

titan Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nova Scotia
    Ahh,makes sense to me now.Thanks for filling in the blanks.
  8. eba1225

eba1225 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Chester Springs, Pa
    Phila,

Looks great, may you have many a warm night and $$ in YOUR pocket and not the OIL/GAS/ELEC pocket.
  9. NewtownPA

NewtownPA New Member

Loc:
    Newtown, PA
    Thanks for the pics! Looking really good! Can't wait to get my liner installed. My Rainier's output is from the top which works for my situation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.