new carry-all

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

punchy

Burning Hunk
Jul 28, 2011
mid mo
Had to go down pretty steep hill, puckered a little. Probably 4 more trips then time to split.

Attachments

• IMAG0095.jpg
    IMAG0095.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 236
well done....my friend has a similar setup for the front of his tractor

another area with more hills. decided to take the Ranger and small trailer, still have a little more to do

Attachments

• IMAG0097.jpg
    IMAG0097.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 186
Looks good punchy! We've got some good wood gathering weather. I see your dog likes to drive like mine.

Reactions: ScotO
Nice hauler on the tractor. I'd be wanting bigger sideboards, if you hit a ditch or divot on the way home and that thing got to rockin' and rollin', you might be chasing those rounds back down the hill!!

It surely has to be nice having the tractor when you live in the hills. Makes us appreciate our flat land all the more.

Reactions: AJS56 and ScotO
Very nice!!

Nice hauler on the tractor. I'd be wanting bigger sideboards, if you hit a ditch or divot on the way home and that thing got to rockin' and rollin', you might be chasing those rounds back down the hill!!

i almost made them higher at first, but then didn't. after using it, i am gonna go higher. i didn't lose any but was worried. i wasn't gonna load it that full on the hills, but i couldn't help it.

i almost made them higher at first, but then didn't. after using it, i am gonna go higher. i didn't lose any but was worried. i wasn't gonna load it that full on the hills, but i couldn't help it.
Either way, that's a great design and great idea. I would think if you built those sides up higher, you could probably get alot more wood on it too!

nice...made the hauler to fit the 3 pt hitch? what size tractor is that. i have a little JD 1026R and throw rounds into the front end loader, but i don't have far to go. thats a great idea.

cass

nice...made the hauler to fit the 3 pt hitch? what size tractor is that. i have a little JD 1026R and throw rounds into the front end loader, but i don't have far to go. thats a great idea.

cass

new holland tc30. i would like more hp. what dog is your avatar?

Nice set up
Tractor , ranger & big trailer. Sweet!

Definitely a sweet set-up. You have some really nice equipment there Punchy. Plus, you have a dog that looks like he'll help you out. All my dog does is steal wood from my cutting site and run away!

That's a nice 3 pt hauler. Did you make it from scratch or start with a 3 pt fork type frame?? Also like the ranger/trailer. I have a mule and ttrailer that I use and I love it. The 3 pt would be hand for some tight areas though. Nice gear!!!

i bought the frame from tractor supply. got the rest of the ideas from tractorbynet forums. i put 2 saw holders on the front, just a 2x6 that i recessed for the bar then bolted on. thanks for the compliments.

Status
Not open for further replies.