New Chaps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinngetreu

Feeling the Heat
Nov 10, 2013
North Iowa
I finally got my new Husky full wrap chaps today. This is my first pair of chaps and I cant wait to try them out. I'm going to go cut a wildlife preserve on Sunday and its nice to have them in time for that. Since I wont be near people, it will be nice to have the added protection.

I'm amazed how many people look at me goofy when I mention that I got chainsaw chaps. Its also amazing how many people cut without them. Our local hospital is not that good, and I certainly don’t want to wait in the waiting room with a chainsaw injury.

Go figure. :confused:

chaps are cheap. new legs are hard to come by.

also.. just nick your leg and see how long you're out of work… what would that cost you. I'm guessing more than those shiny orange chaps.

smart man.

Reactions: Sinngetreu
Having seen what the bone in my left leg above the knee looks like I applaud your purchase. Don't "try them out" please. >> Just wear'em.

And working alone be damn sure that cell phone is with ya.

Reactions: Beer Belly
Having seen what the bone in my left leg above the knee looks like I applaud your purchase. Don't "try them out" please. >> Just wear'em.

And working alone be damn sure that cell phone is with ya.

Yeah, I wont be slamming the chainsaw against my leg to see what happens. ;lol I don’t ever want to see what my bones look like outside of a dental xray.
I do always carry our cellphone when cutting. I also keep it in easy reach... just in case.

I finally got my new Husky full wrap chaps today. This is my first pair of chaps and I cant wait to try them out. I'm going to go cut a wildlife preserve on Sunday and its nice to have them in time for that. Since I wont be near people, it will be nice to have the added protection.

I'm amazed how many people look at me goofy when I mention that I got chainsaw chaps. Its also amazing how many people cut without them. Our local hospital is not that good, and I certainly don’t want to wait in the waiting room with a chainsaw injury.

Go figure. :confused:

<- - - - cuts without them

Just picked up a pair of full wrap dolmar chaps yesterday and this is a first for me also. Been lucky all these and at 67 I don't want to get hurt.

Just picked up a pair of full wrap dolmar chaps yesterday and this is a first for me also. Been lucky all these and at 67 I don't want to get hurt.

Not that there is ever a good age to get hurt, but I can see not wanting to wait until the luck runs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.