New Encore does work in "Fireplace" mode

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hbob

Jan 20, 2024
Seattle
For those of you that occasionally like to use the Encore with the doors open using the custom screen designed for the old Encore, the new Encore does work and draft well. I kept the screen that came with our very old Encore with the 8" flue. The newer 6" flue Encore does not offer the screen option either because they feel it would not draft and leak smoke out front or the EPA said no for approval. We like the option for occasional fireplace style fires and I use the screen while I am lighting up in the morning while I enjoy my coffee and warm up the stove. Then I shut it and run normally. You can still get the screens online and they will be specified for the older 8"model only.

A Screen.png

I use mine during the shoulder season

Reactions: Hbob