New England Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. I've been using NEWP 3 years now. I can tell there is a difference this year from the past. We live 18 miles from new facility NEWP just put in. We get 26 tons per year and this year we noticed lots of ash and lower than normal heat. NEWP has been great trying to figuire this out. We sent pellet samples and ash samples to them and their lab says they were within spec. Maybe we'll be trying something else next year.

Big E said:
Hi all. I've been using NEWP 3 years now. I can tell there is a difference this year from the past. We live 18 miles from new facility NEWP just put in. We get 26 tons per year and this year we noticed lots of ash and lower than normal heat. NEWP has been great trying to figuire this out. We sent pellet samples and ash samples to them and their lab says they were within spec. Maybe we'll be trying something else next year.

26 tons, I'd be bending over backwards trying to please you. NEWP again with the deaf ear. I heard many got the same answer with the long pellets out of spec stuff from Schuyler NY plant. Folks I don't think NEWP is getting it!

They read what we post here. Soooo! I would say more, But My ears are still ring from the last go round!

We've gotten the same amount 3 years in a row now. Last year no complaints. Now I'm not bashing them, in fact just the opposite. I want them to succeed. Keeps that old plant busy and keeps jobs local. And they paid to ship the samples to have tested. However, I'm sitting here and my stove is on High, (#4) and i've played with the air damper and still only 67 in here with 18 degree temp outside. I usually run it on 3 for this outside temp.

These are the same exact pellets I am burning now. It seems these are the only pellets being sold in town. I paid 5.98 a bag at Ace Hardware and the lumber yard up the road wants 6.99 a bag here is a pic of a 12 hour burn from last night using these pellets

100_2394.jpg

I just bought a ton of these this evening from Ace hardware, since they are the closest pellet dealer to my house and they deliver. The ton ran me $249.00

Anyone been burning "Warm Front" from NEWP? I have. My St. Croix Auburn loves them. Since I couldn't get my paws on Vermonts, these have been second best. Made at the Jaffery, NH plant. Few fines, little dust, and great heat, for my stove that is. Can't complain.

NHPltBrnr said:
Anyone been burning "Warm Front" from NEWP? I have. My St. Croix Auburn loves them. Since I couldn't get my paws on Vermonts, these have been second best. Made at the Jaffery, NH plant. Few fines, little dust, and great heat, for my stove that is. Can't complain.

My local supermarket stocks those re-branded NEWP 'warm fronts' & keeps them right in the lobby when you walk in. Started out at $6.99 /bag last Fall, I didn't notice a dent in their stash until they lowered them to $4.99 / bag about a week ago - I think they may have sold a couple. I'm holding out to $3.99 / bag at which point I will probably ask to speak to the store manager and ask to purchase their entire stock! lol, and that's only because I live 10 minutes away.

Don't get me wrong, NEWP makes a 'decent' pellet and as with any pellet, every 'smart' pellet burner knows where the 'price to performance' line is drawn when it comes to the pellet and their particular stove - $4.00 for 'warm fronts' is my line for dem pellies.

From what I gather and according to NEWP's website the Warm Front and Premium pellets pictured in this thread are the same pellet. The lumber company up the road from the ACE I bought my premiums from stock them for a $1.00 more ($6.99) a bag then what I pay from ACE.

For the last 3 years I have burned variations of NEWP. 09-10 I burned NEWP, 10-11 Warm Fronts and 11-12 Green Supremes. Other then the occasional auger jam I have absolutely NO complaints with them. This being said, I only have a 900 square foot house but only about 2/3s is insulated. Its an old house and I have not finished the remodel yet. I don't know if the small house is that big of a factor but even at 0 degrees my 25 PDVC keeps up with NEWP. I think the have a good pellet. The only other pellets I have burned are Penningtons and Fireside Ultra so I don't have any of the GREAT pellets in my history but I don't think I need them tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.