New England Wood Pellet video

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crausch

Aug 26, 2008
Littlestown, PA
Renewable Energy World .com took a tour of the New England Wood Pellet plant and has a video of the tour at:

video tour

Good post, interesting.

hmmm.... easy to see how something could potentially end up in the pellets that doesnt belong there i.e. nails or rocksor anything other than wood.

mike

Very cool vid.

Very nice but I see pellets stored outside and wonder for how long.

Eric

Yeah, I would hope their not outside too long. They do look like they are wrapped fairly well, but I would rather see them inside. Maybe their stock does not sit too long. I think he says in the video that that they do about 20 tons per hour. If your pumping out 20 ton/hr you better be moving them or have a big stock area. Hmmm...I would be willing to store some for them. lol

I bought 4 tons last June from one of their dealers.They could not provide them untill November.There was nothing but stories for three months preceding the Nov delivery of deliveries that did not come.
I live very close to plant,in fact they where still warm when delivered.
They are packaged very well,I have two tons under my deck (and a tarp as well as their packaging.If I move the whole ton when I open it inside I have had no problem.

I probably will try another brand/dealer next summer due to the issues I had with this one thou.

Great video! I am a frequent user of their product and have been very satisfied with it. They opened a plant in the CNY area and the finished product has worked very well for me. Little dust, fewer clinkers, and great product.

For those who have seen the many varieties of pellets, and the plastics used to contain it - they're top notch. I know from past experience I have been FRUSTRATED with some of the inferior plastics used to contain pellets - cheap, flimsy, thin, slippery products. Some don't stack well, some tear while picking up or moving. The plastic composition for the bags used to contain New England pellets are superior to many in the field. Keep up the great work!

Status
Not open for further replies.