new enviro boston 1700 coming home

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pharmsaler

Dec 12, 2010
Western PA
I have read every article, every piece of feedback, every comment on here about the Enviro fireplaces. I have looked at almost every other brand out there as well.

I finally placed my order on Monday for the Enviro Boston 1700 and the dealer called tonight and said that my stove is in already. I'm going tomorrow to pick up my new stove, now all I need is some cold weather soon.....

I will post pictures and share my experience with you all.

Thanks to all that have helped me out with some silly questions and their experiences thus far

Congrats!!! Keep us updated.

If your wood is dry, your gonna love it. Post some picks for us. I've only seen the brochure pics. It's a great insert.

Yes pictures, i kept trying to see one but no one had one in stock. They look great though.

Congrats I look forward to the pics!

Ray

Future home of Enviro Boston 1700

Attachments

• 2011-09-15 17.04.36.jpg
    2011-09-15 17.04.36.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,169
Still on crate

Attachments

• 2011-09-15 17.02.49.jpg
    2011-09-15 17.02.49.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,412
Beautiful insert!

Ray

That is going to look awesome when it's installed. You'll be a warm and happy man this winter. Cheers

How big is this firebox in that pretty monster?

Stump_Branch said:
2.5 cuft

Stump_Branch said:

She's a 2.5 cubic footer

I am planning on burning all pressed wood, that way I have no mess of wood coming in and out of the house...and....the wife wont yell at me any more

pharmsaler said:
Stump_Branch said:

She's a 2.5 cubic footer

I am planning on burning all pressed wood, that way I have no mess of wood coming in and out of the house...and....the wife wont yell at me any more
I burned some last year. You'll never get near the burn times you'll get from real wood. Also, loading the firebox up full of those things will send your stove nuclear. Ask me how I know.

2 more days and counting until the install is complete. The electrician came over and has prepped the hearth by drilling a 1" hole in the left front of the firebox down and on an angle to where the original blower fans were for the heatilator that is in the base of the hearth. I was concerned because I thought this was going to be the most challenging part, nope he was in and out in less than an hour. Charged me $35 and said will be back to re-install the plug end for the fans on Friday. ( we will have to cut the plug off the fireplace in order to feed it down the hole and a new plug end will be installed then)

Damn weather guy said it will be like 70 degrees through the weekend, When I want it to get cold it wont!!!!!

Good luck with the new insert! The Boston was on my short list too.

Installers just left, everything went better than expected!! it took about 2 hours to get the heatform cut out, then after that, maybe an hour to drop the liner, attache the liner, reinstall the surround. there you have it, installed!!!!!

I will upload pics soon

pharmsaler said:
I will upload pics soon

Good, cuz we will refuse to believe you until we see the pics! :)

pharmsaler said:
Installers just left, everything went better than expected!! it took about 2 hours to get the heatform cut out, then after that, maybe an hour to drop the liner, attache the liner, reinstall the surround. there you have it, installed!!!!!

I will upload pics soon

Congrats and what Brownie said!

Ray

Here it is, bad thing is installer asked me not to burn for 2-3 days so all his hi-temp caulk will set up appropriately.

Attachments

• fireplace.jpg
    fireplace.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 1,542
Bummer, she looks great. Oh well, I guess that will give you time to get a hearth extension.

If it burns near as good as it looks you'll be in business!

I suspect it'll see some cord wood at some point in it's future. :)

That looks like it has been there for decades! Very nice look to it!!!

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.