New Find

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I drive by this when going back in all the time and tonight was the first I noticed, it's hard to tell but thus Beech is on the side of a steep hill but well worth the effort.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_3167.jpg
    100_3167.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 256
wood spliter said:
Get her done!

Spliter, I will have it by the end of July. Just charging the boat battery tonight so we can take a ride this weekend.

Zap

wood spliter said:
Are you fishing or just chilling?

Chilling, the first tourney we will fish is aug. 1 then the fall tourney in Sept. The wife wants to fish this year so it should be fun.

Last time we fished she caught a four pound bass (small mouth) down in front of the Long Sault Control Dam coming out of 60 feet of water to a submeged hump about 25 feet of water.

Zap

zapny said:
Beech is on the side of a steep hill but well worth the effort.

As long as the wood is going downhill to the trailer ;-)

Zap, as you know, beech is almost always worth the effort. Make great firewood but poor lumber.

Hey Wood Heat, I'm with you in that I enjoy the pictures of wood that we do not have in our area. I recall the first time I ever saw a tulip poplar. A strange looking tree with flower. But then I read up on it to learn a bit about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.