New guy here in New York with P43 saying thanks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, about 15 minutes from my home.
I have 100's of photos of these beautiful eagles!
Might say it's one of my hobbys.
large.jpg

large.jpg
Awesome photos. Clearly, my old DSLR has its original blurry zoom lenses. Nothing as pin-sharp as your camera! I'm real excited if the bald eagles do decide to stay near me, although I'm not sure they're going to like all the boat traffic this Summer looking up at them. People used to come look at the ospreys, but I think with bald eagles, the crowd will get even larger.

Thanks for the fast reply! @jdinny another question or two lol. How are your prevailing winds around your home? I hear that if you have strong winds going against the side you vent the piping u can get backdrafting/ back puffing. Just wondering if u have that problem? I am going to put mine exactly like yours right in the corner. On the other side of the house(well right next to the vent pipe) I have extremely horrible high winds. Second did u put the heat shields on your p43? I was thinking about buying them. They are $90 around here. Thanks appreciate all the input

Thanks for the fast reply! @jdinny another question or two lol. How are your prevailing winds around your home? I hear that if you have strong winds going against the side you vent the piping u can get backdrafting/ back puffing. Just wondering if u have that problem? I am going to put mine exactly like yours right in the corner. On the other side of the house(well right next to the vent pipe) I have extremely horrible high winds. Second did u put the heat shields on your p43? I was thinking about buying them. They are $90 around here. Thanks appreciate all the input
Our setup faces strong winds as we have a lake and no other houses to the right of the picture..
never had and problems with high winds causing backdraft..

Attachments

• IMG_1841.JPG
    IMG_1841.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 128

We are on the back side of a mountain, and the wind can blow from any direction at any given time.
We started burning January 1st, and have had no trouble at all with wind, blowing heavy snow, or anything else for that matter.
The stove has performed flawlessly, and it's kept our 2100 sq ft open floor plan cape chalet between 71 and 75 through out this nasty cold winter.
I did not put the heat shields on, but will before next winter. I would add them if you have them available.
Enjoy your new stove!

Awesome photos. Clearly, my old DSLR has its original blurry zoom lenses. Nothing as pin-sharp as your camera! I'm real excited if the bald eagles do decide to stay near me, although I'm not sure they're going to like all the boat traffic this Summer looking up at them. People used to come look at the ospreys, but I think with bald eagles, the crowd will get even larger.

Hope you do not have any small dogs or cats at your place. Figure we lost one of our cats to an eagle. Know they have picked up small dogs and carried them off too.

Reactions: jdinny
Hope you do not have any small dogs or cats at your place. Figure we lost one of our cats to an eagle. Know they have picked up small dogs and carried them off too.
They can take all the squirrels they want that run around here! I don't think they can carry off my neighbor's sheep dogs. Must weigh 100lbs each!

Reactions: Lake Girl

They're well fed here. They love the fresh fish from the lake better than the dogs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.