New Hearth help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crabby

Hearth Supporter
Nov 13, 2007
Ohio
Hey guys I need help on a new hearth design. I already have one made of brick, i was just going to tile over the brick or stone it. Don't want to spend a lot of money. i am lying tile around the hearth and my wife hates the brick look. I love the brick look, but have to keep her happy. she also wants me to put a matel on it but i don't think that would work because the heat from the stove. anyone have some sweet hearth pictures they could post to help me out. Thanks

How about posting a picture of what you have to work with as a starting point? Perhaps this may draw out folks who have something akin to what you have and thus give ideas to what you may be able to achieve.

As to existing pictures - have you looked through the "perfect picture" forum? Lots of great shots there...

Yeah I was going to post one of what i have now. Just don't have it here at work. Yeah I looked at the perfect picture forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.