New here , Damper broke, can't get pipe apart

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HDRock

Minister of Fire
Oct 25, 2012
Grand Blanc, Mi
I don't know a lot about this stuff.
I got the chimney brush stuck in the damper, I found out how to pull out the Rod, then pulled the damper plate and brush out the top, but now I can't get the stove pipes apart to get the damper back in.
This woodstove has been here since I bought the house.
The pipe's won't slide up far enough to, come apart, I don't know if there is some trick here or what..
Is there supposed to be some kind of sliding pipe or something here ? If there is I don't see it.
The installation is about 25 years old, with a Fire View model 360 woodstove .
The deal on the ceiling doesn't have any screws or anything.
As you see I got it apart. Some, but not enough.
The pictures show pipe connections from bottom to top. Three pipes ,last one goes in ceiling
DSCI0388.JPGDSCI0389.JPGDSCI0390.JPGDSCI0391.JPGDSCI0392.JPG

Can you pull the stove away from the wall? That may allow you to get the connector pipe sections apart. You probably should replace them all with new 22 gage connector, just because...& you might as well install a slip section for the next time...

Reactions: PapaDave
Is it just an illusion of the camera or is that pipe pretty close to the mantel and combustibles on top?

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Can you pull the stove away from the wall? That may allow you to get the connector pipe sections apart. You probably should replace them all with new 22 gage connector, just because...& you might as well install a slip section for the next time...

Thank you for the input.
That is what I was thinking I may have to do, I can slide the stove sideways and probably pop it apart.
I know this is not rocket science, but in confused on how the pipe hooks into the ceiling box deal, this is what I'm looking at (http://www.northlineexpress.com/chi...ipe/8-durablack-slip-connector-1870-1870.html) the nubs on the top of this piece it looks like once you snap It in you cannot remove it,idk.
. So, . The bottom of the slip connector just goes inside of regular piece of pipe ??? Then. You Secure it with screws???
Should I buy a damper section, or just drill and install a damper in the pipe??

begreen: Yes it is just an illusion of the camera. The pipe is actually 18 inches from the mantle.

Status
Not open for further replies.