new insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohio woodburner

Feeling the Heat
Oct 4, 2009
NW Ohio
hey all

I'm new here not new to burning wood though. Just wanted to ask a few questions and see if i could get some answers to help me out. I've been burning in me old majestic insert that is from 1979 for about four years and just purchased a new VC. I'm going to install it myself but just wondered a few things. Am i able to insulate the inside of my fireplace before installing and what would i fasten it with? Spray glue doesn't seem very logical beings it would heat up and fall down. Any suggestions? Also my opening is quite large and have to make a custom surround. Any suggestions on that would be greatly appreciated Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.