New install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BigJ273

Minister of Fire
Feb 15, 2015
Maryland
Just looking for some advice here....I currently have an older/smaller stove with a Forever Flex, insulated, 6” stainless steel liner that runs the full length of my chimney. Soon we are having a Regency i2400 insert installed. I guess I’m being paranoid, but I’m wanting to make sure that the new stove will not be “too much stove” for the liner I currently have. The dealer offered to sell me a new liner, uninsulated, but I didn’t see the need to fix something that isn’t broken, especially when the one I have is insulated with wrap. Does anyone see any concerns?? Thanks!

Have a certified chimney sweep inspect the pipe. If it is good keep it. If it is wearing out replace with another insulated pipe. I have a 6” SS flex pipe on my i2400. Works great except for the, at times, excess draft caused by the 30ish feet of pipe.

Don’t let them sell you something you don’t need.

Forever Flex should be lifetime warranty, so if there were to be a problem, pursue the warranty. That's what the "Forever" means. The stove call for 6" liner, so that's perfect.

Forever Flex should be lifetime warranty, so if there were to be a problem, pursue the warranty. That's what the "Forever" means. The stove call for 6" liner, so that's perfect.
Forever isn't really forever. It is for the lifetime of the pipe which forever flex I believe is 25 years but I would have to check.

Just looking for some advice here....I currently have an older/smaller stove with a Forever Flex, insulated, 6” stainless steel liner that runs the full length of my chimney. Soon we are having a Regency i2400 insert installed. I guess I’m being paranoid, but I’m wanting to make sure that the new stove will not be “too much stove” for the liner I currently have. The dealer offered to sell me a new liner, uninsulated, but I didn’t see the need to fix something that isn’t broken, especially when the one I have is insulated with wrap. Does anyone see any concerns?? Thanks!
Like the others said have it inspected. If it is ok leave it.