New installation advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack1

Aug 9, 2011
MA
I am looking to install a new Scan Anderson 10 into an existing fireplace. I have two 11'' flues and I was wondering which liner I should choose. One dealer is suggesting that I choose Stainless steel forever flex. I like the price better than the Armor Flex option but I do not want to choose a cheap product I will end up regretting. Anybody have any experience with the forever flex product? I will need about 22' of pipe and will connect directly to the top of the stove. I would love to have a cleanout so I don't have to disconnect the pipe every time I need to clean the flue but I am unsure of the options? Also is it necessary to insulate the pipe? The chimney is interior but at least 10 feet does go through an unheated attic. I am not looking to get cheap and will buy what is required but I don't want to waste money either. I figure I will seal the second unused flue at the top and put a plate over the damper area around the new 6'' pipe. Any suggestions would be welcome.

I use a lot of Forever Flex and I really like it. It's a very well made system and very durable, which is why I use so much of it. Plus, a lot of the components are well made and well thought out, too. As long as its installed properly and properly maintained it's warrantied "Forever", beyond whatever MA states a "lifetime" is.

Armor Flex or Rigid are better, but don't sweat the Forever Flex. It's good stuff - one of the better brands out there and certainly a cut above the typical stove shop junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.