New Jotul Kennebec C450 design

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudyjr

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Nov 25, 2008
Central Ohio
Just looked at the Jotul site and noticed that it appears that the c450 now comes with a single door. I know that some people have said in the past that this was what they would prefer on this model. It does seem to give considerably more surface area to the glass for viewing. I personally like having two doors on mine, but I think it looks good both ways. I like being able to open the one door when I need to move stuff around.

Attachments

• jotulkennebec450singledoorM.jpg
    jotulkennebec450singledoorM.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 390
Looks just like the door on the 550.

Hi. My first post. This site has helped me a lot !
I bought the single door C450 and installed it myself last month. I don't have any experience with the two door, but I thought the single door would be easier to load, one less motion. The dealer mentioned that, seemed logical.
Just want to let people know. this C450 single door is not the same as the 550 like I was hoping. Instead it has the same removable handle as the two door C450. When I ordered it, I thought the door was identical as the 550 since there wasn't any info on this unit yet. This is no big deal, but I was surprised.
All is good tho, still happy with the insert.
I am having some draft issues and smoke stains in the glass, even with a nice hot firebox. I think I should have insulated the liner, and raised it a foot or two. Something I need to fix next summer :(
peace

Status
Not open for further replies.