New LP tank, gas stove combo - questions on small tank next to home & more

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Slocochef

Mar 19, 2023
MI
For supplemental heat in cold snaps, emergent use if the elec grid goes down and occ ambiance might get a stove for living room…. LP company showed where the tank would go so it’s next to house, horizontal…would come filled with 96 gallons….need to use 200 gal in a years time for no tank rental fee. If I got a Jotel DV Allagash ipi stove as the only appliance using LP…I think max 26000 btu for my 1200’ home… Does this sound feasible? Does anyone have experience heating with a new Med size gas stove like I am planning? Any pics you can share of inside or outside wall of home where it vents? What are major pitfalls….pros/cons I may be oblivious to? TIA

For supplemental heat in cold snaps, emergent use if the elec grid goes down and occ ambiance might get a stove for living room…. LP company showed where the tank would go so it’s next to house, horizontal…would come filled with 96 gallons….need to use 200 gal in a years time for no tank rental fee. If I got a Jotel DV Allagash ipi stove as the only appliance using LP…I think max 26000 btu for my 1200’ home… Does this sound feasible? Does anyone have experience heating with a new Med size gas stove like I am planning? Any pics you can share of inside or outside wall of home where it vents? What are major pitfalls….pros/cons I may be oblivious to? TIA
Figured it out….detailed conversations with both propane and natural gas company both today….made my decision…..sry cannot delete my post!