New member whifield questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwood5964

Hearth Supporter
Oct 28, 2010
Alaska
Thank you for all the info on your forum I have used it successfully several times! I ve been operating my stove now 3yrs and have some questions for you all.
1) I have a Whitfield model # wh20634, can you tell me which stove I have? I don't see anywhere advantage II but it looks like one from the pictures I've seen.
2)The stove has been great but I think its time for some upgrade and replacement parts. First,I definitely need new firebrick, the old one got stuck to the back around the pellet feed and broke when I removed it for cleaning. The fire was burning oddly and seemed to almost melt or get too hot around the feed area causing it to kind of cresote up? Have you seen this before?Is there anything I can do to prevent this?
3) The burn pot I have is the original. It has 2 pieces, one is the bottom box like thing with the tube coming off the back with a gasket on the end that goes in the hole where the combustion air comes from and the other piece is the basket like metal piece that sits inside the box and receives the pellets. It has lots of holes in the bottom and a line of holes on the front and back at the top. Hopefully that is a good enough description. Is there a better more efficient pot system for my stove as an upgrade? As I have looked on some part links and I see ultra grate with bars etc, what would you recommend and where would you recommend I get the parts I need? This stove has done a great job and I would like to give it a good tune up before the season hits. I would really appreciate any advice you can offer. Thanks for your time, Justin
>

Ebay has some decent whitfield part's, firebrick for under $99 and ultra grates, do a search. seller named jason munson is a good dealer in califonia

jwood5964 said:
Thank you for all the info on your forum I have used it successfully several times! I ve been operating my stove now 3yrs and have some questions for you all.
1) I have a Whitfield model # wh20634, can you tell me which stove I have? I don't see anywhere advantage II but it looks like one from the pictures I've seen.
2)The stove has been great but I think its time for some upgrade and replacement parts. First,I definitely need new firebrick, the old one got stuck to the back around the pellet feed and broke when I removed it for cleaning. The fire was burning oddly and seemed to almost melt or get too hot around the feed area causing it to kind of cresote up? Have you seen this before?Is there anything I can do to prevent this?
3) The burn pot I have is the original. It has 2 pieces, one is the bottom box like thing with the tube coming off the back with a gasket on the end that goes in the hole where the combustion air comes from and the other piece is the basket like metal piece that sits inside the box and receives the pellets. It has lots of holes in the bottom and a line of holes on the front and back at the top. Hopefully that is a good enough description. Is there a better more efficient pot system for my stove as an upgrade? As I have looked on some part links and I see ultra grate with bars etc, what would you recommend and where would you recommend I get the parts I need? This stove has done a great job and I would like to give it a good tune up before the season hits. I would really appreciate any advice you can offer. Thanks for your time, Justin
>

Go to the Wood Heat Stoves website and look at the pics. They have a video you can watch also to help identify the stove.

Great place to get parts, and will give discount if you mention Hearth.com....ask for Dave Gault.

http://woodheatstoves.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=292_90_99_95

Status
Not open for further replies.