New Member with a XXV just installed.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XXV-AK

Dec 1, 2010
ANC Alaska
I have been very impressed with my Harman XXV built may 2010. I have couple of questions for the group.

1. Whats the best efficiency setting room or stove ?

2.Is there any luburcation points on the augur reason I seem to have a squeal on certain spot on the augur rotation?

3. For the Alaska guys how are the pellets out of Fairbanks?

This is a great forum and I hope to learn more thanks. AK

XXV-AK said:
I have been very impressed with my Harman XXV built may 2010. I have couple of questions for the group.

2.Is there any luburcation points on the augur reason I seem to have a squeal on certain spot on the augur rotation?

Welcome and congrats on your new stove!!

1. The Harman Tech for the Northeast said that room temp was most efficient. We run in this mode. (Many opinions on this!!)

2. I do not think there is but I did give the auger a quick squirt of WD-40 last year to address a squeal. Bushing?? Was not a mouse!
I called our dealer to make sure they were OK with this. Has not squealed since.

Hope this helps!

Thanks I'm a big fan WD-40 even Santa knows this because a get a can of it in my stocking each year. AK

XXV-AK said:

I had a squeal like this within 1 weeks of my XXV's first use, the tech replaced the motor, problem solved.

If you can find douglas fir pellets from a reliable source those would be about the best you can get.... but if this story is about the pellet producer you asked about, all I can say is they have a long learning curve ahead of them. using the lowest quality fiber that can be found will produce the lowest quality pellet...

http://newsminer.com/view/full_stor...let-factory-banking-on-Alaskans-to-change-hea

Read some of these quotes... BTU are you here?

http://newsminer.com/view/full_stor...ty--Wood-pellet-plant-bolsters-local-heating-

I think I'll buy couple bags from Superior Fuels in Fairbanks and see how they burn before I good buy winter supply. Thanks for the articles.

XXV-AK said:
I think I'll buy couple bags from Superior Fuels in Fairbanks and see how they burn before I good buy winter supply. Thanks for the articles.

Try before you buy! Welcome to the forums! Much learning and info to be had here!

Status
Not open for further replies.