New Napoleon 1402p Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wooderson

Hearth Supporter
Dec 12, 2010
N TX
Setting on the covered patio waiting for an install. Hoping to have Liner in and install in a week or so.

Have a 2200sq ft open concept farm style house. Fireplace is flush at floor level in a 550 sq foot living room with cathedral ceilings. Will get pics and upload during the install.

Any advice on running the 1402?

Happy with my stove. Love the ease of operation with only one air control. Mine likes to run on the warmer side of things. My chimney is over 30ft tall and I have a incredible draft. Have a local dealer which makes it easy for product support. The two blowers are fairly quiet when in operation and push a very large volume of air, make sure you keep them clean . The surround is a bit flimsy and rattles a little when the unit is warming up or cooling down, but that is easily adjusted depending on your set up. Great secondary burn and burntimes for a insert. Easy access to the liner from the inside of the stove for bottom up cleanin with a sooteater. Be careful with the baffles when removing them for cleaning,,,they are on the brittle side and can crack. Make sure you grab two stovetop thermometers to keep an eye on your temps. I keep one on each side of the stovetop above the firebox. I can say i'm happy with the stove and would purchase another. I'm hoping Napoleon comes out with a bigger insert, with a bigger firebox, but who knows. I learned just about everything I know about woodstoves from this forum, the search button is your best friend. Best of luck.....

Thanks Joey for the reply, feedback, and advice. I can't wait. Ordered black painted insert in door. Met the drop ship delivery, wheeled it through the wrought-iron gate onto out covered patio and busted into the crate...only to have no door included. A couple of phone calls later, and it is still on the patio while we wait on the door. found it online for $1000 less that local shop (if 60 mile one way trip is local) shop had just the insert for - then had to purchase the door. Ordered through sears.com - distributor was unbeatablesale.com actually. Can't wait to get it installed and fired up.

Actually, we purchased a new place in April, and by end of October, the 'boss' was on me for having it in. I believe the exact quote was, "i don't care...you are on that Hearth website all the time...just get what you want ordered." Couldn't believe it. Thank you Hearth.com

Forgot...Transitioning from an inherited Black Bart stove in the old place.

Status
Not open for further replies.