NEW OSLO OWNER

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

murawski

Feb 14, 2011
Gardner Mass
Hi Y'all,

Just finished break in burns last night with our new Oslo(matte black). Exchanged Harman TL300 for it-yeah.
After reading a few posts I realized one batch of my wood ain't seasoned enough(not coming up in burn temp), so I switched the the other stuff and kapowee :bug: - Ozzy's burning like a champ as we speak with a strong secondary burn at 550 degrees stove stop temp. I was a little concerned that my class a chimney was to tall (since I had to extend total run from 11' to now 17-18' for the TL 300 but I think I'm gonna be fine. I really do appreciate all the great info shared on this forum and look forward to many more years learning how to be the best woodsman/burner I can be.

Thanks to you all,
Mike from Gardner Mass. :)

murawski said:
Hi Y'all,
Just finished break in burns last night with our new Oslo(matte black). Exchanged Harman TL300 for it-yeah.
After reading a few posts I realized one batch of my wood ain't seasoned enough(not coming up in burn temp), so I switched the the other stuff and kapowee :bug: - Ozzy's burning like and champ as we speak with a strong secondary burn at 550 degrees stove stop temp. I was a little concerned that my class a chimney was to tall (since I had to extend total run from 11' to now 17-18' for the TL 300 but I think I'm gonna be fine. I really do appreciate all the great info shared on this forum and look forward to many more years learning how to be the best woodsman/burner I can be.

Thanks to you all,
Mike from Gardner Mass. :)

Congrats on the new stove!!
I'm gonna be the first to say it "pictures or it didn't happen" :)

So, ANOTHER W.O.O.D. !!!
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/71461/#828746

But NOT a B.B.E.E.!!!

YO, F.F. Jake - another member to your "cult"!!!
Shari - Eat your heat out ;-)

Now that I've got that out of the way . . . .

Congrats on your new stove!

You'll probably be happier NEXT year with better/drier wood!
Your chimney height is in the "sweet" zone.

Good luck to ya,
P.J.

Greeting from a local Oslo owner. Welcome to the forums - where did you buy your stove?

CarbonNeutral said:
Greeting from a local Oslo owner. Welcome to the forums - where did you buy your stove?
I bought at higgins energy in Barre Mass

Muhahahahahahaha Shari . . . another Sith apprentice lured to the Matte Black side of the Oslo Universe. ;) :)

Oh yeah . . . on a serious note . . . congrats M . . . it's a great stove with few flaws . . . if you have any questions besides "Why didn't I pay a little more for a blue black enamel Oslo?" feel free to ask away. ;) :)

firefighterjake said:
Oh yeah . . . on a serious note . . . congrats M . . . it's a great stove with few flaws . . . if you have any questions besides "Why didn't I pay a little more for a blue black enamel Oslo?" feel free to ask away. ;) :)

What are the flaws you speak of?
I probably should have spent more for the Enamel but I was trading in a one month old Harman TL300 I was not happy with. ( even trade )

murawski said:
firefighterjake said:

I probably should have spent more for the Enamel but I was trading in a one month old Harman TL300 I was not happy with. ( even trade )

"Flaws" might perhaps be the wrong word . . . "quirks" might be a better word. The only two notable quirks that tend to pop up with the Oslo are a) the sticking air control lever which can be fixed by removing the doghouse and applying a liberal amount of graphite powder and b) the fact that using the front door to load the stove tends to cause ashes to drop down on to the lip . . . which is annoying more than a real serious issue . . . two issues that are quite minor to me, but issues that folks do mention from time to time.

murawski said:
firefighterjake said:

If you're a side loader, the problem with the ash dumping out the front when you open the door is a non-issue.

I've found that a liberal application of graphite on the primary air slide lasts a whole season, so this is now part of my final shutdown procedure when I put 'er away for spring.

firefighterjake said:
Muhahahahahahaha Shari . . . another Sith apprentice lured to the Matte Black side of the Oslo Universe. ;) :)

I caught that, FFJ! :)

Oslo - good choice.

We had it up to 78 degrees in here this morning after first fire - almost took a morning nap......... :)

Congratulations on the new Oslo!

murawski -

I see you posted your Oslo in the "For Sale" section. How come?

And we've lost one of our newest disciples. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.