New P43 install, smoke smell, normal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again folks. Silicone on the joint and the end of the cap fixed the smoke problem.

Passed inspection. Now I need to figure out where the hell I'm going to store 3 tons of pellets.

76brian said:
Thanks again folks. Silicone on the joint and the end of the cap fixed the smoke problem.

Passed inspection. Now I need to figure out where the hell I'm going to store 3 tons of pellets.

Enjoy the heat.

KB3ILN here :)
Ed

Hams are smart ;)

...and cheap.

But mostly smart. lol

3 tons of Cubex arrived today... I have to bring it inside one bag at a time :gulp:

Attachments

• DSC_2490.jpg
    DSC_2490.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 170
76brian said:
3 tons of Cubex arrived today... I have to bring it inside one bag at a time :gulp:

Awesome! I absolutely LOVE the pellets near the antenna tower. I just finished cleaning my P43 now I am enjoying some 10m fun! It's hoppin' this morning. 73

76brian said:

That will help with any rubber tires around the middle, just take your time and it will get done. Trust me I know what I'm speaking about having re stacked a few tons.

PJPellet said:
I just finished cleaning my P43 now I am enjoying some 10m fun! It's hoppin' this morning. 73

I just turned a radio on, IW6DRH from Italy in a damn MOBILE is just smokin in here 15db over s9, and I never even bothered rotating the beam towards him. Unreal.

Abnormally high noise level though. First time I've had a radio on since I installed my stove. I don't think it's the stove (I'll have to unplug it later to verify), but just curious, ever heard of any RF interference issues from the boards in these things?

SmokeyTheBear said:
That will help with any rubber tires around the middle, just take your time and it will get done. Trust me I know what I'm speaking about having re stacked a few tons.

Yep, I'll just substitute it for my trip to the gym that day. I don't mind at all :)

That wasn't so bad. I think I even have room for maybe another ton...

...not sure about the floor in this old shed though :gulp: lol

Attachments

• 3tonsinside.jpg
    3tonsinside.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 122
Status
Not open for further replies.