New PE Summit Insert with only 1 blower?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DebP

Nov 1, 2015
SW Pa
We can get a pretty sweet deal on a "New" PE Summit fireplace insert. It was bought from another dealers overstock. This unit however only has 1 blower. Does anyone else have a summit insert with only 1 blower or is this "new" insert just an older model? I'm concerned about the efficiency of this unit.
Replies please.

Efficiency will not be affected, and the unit can be run with the blowers off. https://chimneysweeponline.com/hosummitblower.htm Depending on your home, the room the unit is install in etc, you may not miss the second blower.

It is designed and manufactured with a left and right blower. More than likely the reason for your "sweet deal" is the unit was used as spare parts. Hopefully no other parts where stripped off this unit -- which would be my main concern. If it hasn't been delivered and installed I would consider the option to back out of the deal if that is possible. If installed, you could cross your fingers, order the correct blower assembly hope that you could successfully install and make the electrical connections if you desire to have a fully functional insert.
Parts Numbers:
30....Replacement Blower Assembly ...............................................
........Right Blower Assy. .............................................SPND.502454
........Left Blower Assy. ................................................SPND.502453

We can get a pretty sweet deal on a "New" PE Summit fireplace insert. It was bought from another dealers overstock. This unit however only has 1 blower. Does anyone else have a summit insert with only 1 blower or is this "new" insert just an older model? I'm concerned about the efficiency of this unit.
Replies please.

Not a done deal yet. Was just wondering if indeed all the Summits( even the older ones) come with dual fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.