New Quad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SKIN052

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 12, 2008
Appleton, Newfoundland
Hope t o be using this beast to drag back a bit of wood. Just got to get my hands on a trailer.
2012 Can-am 650 Max xt.

SSPX0056.jpg

Reactions: quads
Very nice . . . my buddy has one very similar to this . . . earlier model . . . he had a few issues, but supposedly Can Am corrected many of their earlier problems. Gobs of power!

Nice.

What is that white stuff in the background?

Nice bike - If you are trailer shopping for hauling wood look for long/narrow vs. wide. You can get it into tighter places - anywhere the bike fits and it will make a difference on how much you use it. Or if you have one that is wider than the bike you can build a "log dog" single log skidder and tow the logs to the trailer like I do. Getting the front end of a big log off the ground makes a world of difference on what the bike can tow and keeps them relatively clean for the saw.

Reactions: SKIN052
Heavy Hauler 002 (Custom).jpg

Good luck with your 12, I love my eleven, lots of guts and rides like a dream.

You will like it. I am very happy with my Can Am 400. That little machine will do whatever I ask of it :)

Nice rig - I love my 2004 Outlander Max, been in a whole lot of nasty places and comes out on top! Enjoy!

rottiman, I plan on building the same type of box for the front, may try and follow the curves a bit. What is the red hook on the front for? Pull logs out with I imagine?

rottiman, I plan on building the same type of box for the front, may try and follow the curves a bit. What is the red hook on the front for? Pull logs out with I imagine?
Right on the money, have one mounted front and rear. If you are using a nylon towing strap with end loop, it just slips onto the tow hook, quick and easy. Also easy to run tye down straps across the front and rear when trailering your quad. Handy as heck, quick and easy.

That should be one heavy worker and you will be pleased. Let us know when you get to hauling some big stuff.

Rotti - I would also use it to hook your winch lead on when sucked in. Keeps the metal to metal contact off your rollers saving them from getting scared and in turn tearing up your cable - especially if it is synthetic. I fabbed up a similar hook for my Griz.

Attachments

• Clevis4.jpg
    Clevis4.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 106
Status
Not open for further replies.