New Quadrafire Bodega Bay

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MRJMG

Dec 17, 2007
Monroe Connecticut
Hello i am new to burning wood and i ahve a question or two.
my quadra bay is great but where does most people leave there qir control to get the most-best burn? is it open all the way when you afre hoem and close it down when you leave?
my stove gets 350-400 degrees when i have it open all the way, i am using a rutland temp gauge adn it is to thee right of the door. we are heatign our house with the unit and it had been great just not sure what is the best settign so i get the most out of the burn and so the glass dosent get all black
thank you for the help and tips

Your manual should have 4 settings suggested for different types of burns mine does anyway, Start with those and then experiment. I dont think your going to get the best performance with it wide open

thank you i will try that, i leave it open to get the fire going then i close it after 30-60 minutes but i notice that the glass does get dirty quicker. can i ask what temp do you have your running at?

The stove seems to be running a bit cool. Could be the wood or weak draft. What type of wood and how well seasoned is it? Does is sizzle or foam up a bit on the ends as it gets hot?

When you open the insert door does smoke come out of the stove? Is this an interior or exterior chimney? Is there a block off plate below the damper?

mrbegreen
maybe it is cool i think it is me... the wod is seasoned for about 1 1/2 years no sizzle or foam from the wood maybe i saw that just one or twice. i dont get smoke in the house the draft seems to be really good. the chimmey is a outside brick unit, the block off plate dont think there is one i know the damper was taken out when they did the install well they took out the damper door.
maybe i jsut need to get a little more knoldge of the unit and keep burnign away i just want to make sure i am running the air control in the right place i thank you for your help and tips keep them coming

Status
Not open for further replies.