New Regency Hybrid

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rideau

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2012
southern ontario
Has anyone heard a price for the new Regency hybrid yet?

Anyone thinking of ordering one?

Anyone ordered one yet?

Have you had really good experiences with Regency dealers or the company itself?

One pound of wood @0% moisture = 8600BTU, @ 20% moisture 6800 (minus energy to burn off 1/5 pound of water) x 85 % efficiency = about 5800 BTU x 90 pounds = 522,000 over 24 hours averages almost 22,000 BTU per hour. Go to an 8 hour burn on a really cold day and we are talking 66,000 BTUs per hour....

90 pounds is a lot of wood. Don't know how closely or what species you need to load to get 90 pounds in there...if they aren't talking oak or hickory or hophornbeam you might be able to get even more weight in there. 4.42 is a big firebox. And its size will certainly be a time saver and wood saver because it will let you burn large logs that are hard to split, as well as wierd uglies that are impossible to split and yet too large for most fireboxes....

Could see this stove finding homes in cold climates, larger older homes, poorly insulated homes and really big homes. Also, like the BK, in homes where really long burn times are wanted and/or needed.

I'm still waiting on pricing. The dealer didn't have any info. when I called this morning.
There are several features of this stove I like better than the BK.

I contacted the dealer, Regency will be providing them with the information tomorrow. As soon as they contact me, I'll pass it on.

Just looked at the brochure for this beast. It has one secondary tube right in front below the cat. It wouldnt be hard to eliminate the air to the tube and turn it into a true cat but prolly no need if it really gets those 30 hour burns. Pretty beefy at over 500lbs, should be a great heater, regency makes a fine stove. I'd still like to see a t-stat on it.

Wow.... Interesting.

Video was nice. Would flames that large hurt the catalyst? Some parts of that video had some large flames?

Looks like they're comparing it to the BK King in the brochure.

No legs available. Loser. ;lol

Reactions: BrowningBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.