New Stove Purchase

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kave_man

Dec 11, 2011
Kathleen, GA
We went to Lowes after lunch Saturday. The wife walks around the paint department and I along with my youngest daughter (15 she is) head toward the Garden center. Along the way is a Pleasant Hearth 1800 for the huge price of $279. I went home with us. This stove will replace our corner fireplace in a manufactured (mobile) home.

Welcome Kave Man, and Congratulations!

I don't know anything about that stove, but I'm sure you'll hear from some who do.

Being the end of September, you're likely to find it a challenge to get wood for this season, though there is hope if you don't already have some dry wood (pallets, man-made firewood blocks, and anything you can scrounge).

Good luck and happy burning! :)

That is a nice deal. However, if this is the medium sized 127201 model you might want to verify it can be installed. The manual states:

11. DO NOT INSTALL THESE UNITS IN A MOBILE HOME OR TRAILER. THESE UNITS ARE NOT MOBILE HOME APPROVED.

Reactions: cheechblu
Yep. A buzz kill. Stove isn't mobile home/HUD approved.

Heck of a deal, but you gotta take it back to Lowes and keep shopping. There are plenty of stoves out there approved for installation in mobile homes...ya just gotta check the manufacturer's documentation before you lay your money down. Sorry this one won't work out, but now that you and the daughter have the bug, you can search the marketplace armed with more savvy. Rick

Resell it on CL and make a few bucks towards your other new stove.

I think the Pacific Energy True North is mobile home approved and under $1K. Maybe check that one out.

Just removed a corner Fireplace from our Manufactured Home. Complete tear out. Really opens up the house. Installed a Pacific Energy True North stove. The outside air pipe was already in the floor from the factory installed fireplace. Waiting on colder temps but have fired it twice to cure the paint, very happy with this stove so far !!

Status
Not open for further replies.