new stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the advice of my liability insurance carrier I am staying out of this thread.

Reactions: Owen1508
This has gone far beyond post #7 "All I want to cut out is enough to slip the liner in and the slanted area in the back..." At post #11 it was possible to recommend an insert. Now, I don't think so, but will let others add their thoughts. From what I can see, it looks like you can still put in a freestanding stove with a full stainless liner, but I'm concerned about what's holding up the brickwork without the form in place.

I am not trying to cut corners I want to fix it right Im just having a hard time finding requirements

Check with your local building code inspector and the company whose stove you want to install. A certified sweep from your area may also be able to give some advice: http://www.csia.org/search
I would think about putting a stove in there as an alcove installation provided all walls are non-combustible:
126_2661_tn.jpg

I doubt an insert would still be permissible in your situation. A stove should be cheaper, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.