New to forum and the F500 I got used

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ron45

Sep 22, 2018
Central New Mexico
I posted yesterday but probably in the wrong area. I'm off grid [ since 83 ] in central New Mexico with my first Jotul F500.
I have a question about the draft regulator. The lever on mine does not move freely or reliably. I can move it but I can feel there is something interfering with it's movement.

If I remove the two small bolts from the top of the area in question... [ just for clarity, the center of lower part of the front door opening ] If I remove both bolts are there capture nuts inside? It appears there is no other way to get at the cavity where the lever lives.

I look forward to learning more about getting the most balm for my back ache from the other members. I want to add outside air when everything is about where I think it needs to be.

I'll also have some care and cleaning questions once I get past the setup stage.

Ron