New to me Enviro EF-V Evolution feed issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

chiaj144

Nov 20, 2019
Prescott
I just picked up my first pellet stove. I spent some time on here researching and reading the do's and don't about pellet stoves. I cleaned the stove from top to bottom. I took everything apart, installed a new ash pan gasket and fired it up no problem. This is an older stove but from what I read parts will still available and it's a pretty simple design. Here's what's happening.
1. The auger seems to be working, it turns when the green light comes on and will increase or decrease in frequency if I turn the dial adjust.
2. It only drops pellets once in a while and there is quit a bit of fines that come out. There are times when the auger will turn 16 times before it drops a pellet. I can't run the stove on high or it trips on what I believe is the low temp cutout.
From what I can see it looks like the auger or feed tube is worn out and it's just not getting the pellets up the tube. If I manually feed some pellets in the stove will burn great, lol.
Has anyone ever seen an auger wear out? I took mine out and it looks like something sharp went through it at some point as it's all scratched. Should I just buy a new one and try it?
I was going to buy a new one but figured I would get a cheaper one to learn on. Thanks, Carl.

I've been looking a replacement augers and they all appear to have a paddle on the top end. Mine simply stops, it has no paddles or bushing or anything at the top. It's able to float in the tube. Is that correct?

Yes its a floating auger. Have you had the hopper loaded. It does take some pressure from the pellets in the hopper to help keep the tube and auger loaded. But you don’t want a lot of fines, they take up space and don’t allow pellets into the auger tube.

It did have a lot of fines in it and I cleaned the entire feed system but I only put enough pellets in the hopper to cover the auger opening. I will add more tonight and try it again. Thanks for the replies.

It will take 10 to 15 min. to charge a depleted auger
and it will take more than enough pellets to cover the auger opening
You have a very good manual pellet stove My ef 3 has the same operating system
Easy to clean and in 18 years have only ever replaced the combustion fan