New to me stove in

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unslimpickens

Sep 20, 2016
Ohio
Just wanted to share my new to me stove. Got it mostly installed and set up, just waiting for next pay day for the rest of the chimney components. Can't wait for it to get cold enough to fire it up and see how it runs. It'll definitely be an upgrade from our prior stove, and I love that it was made local to me.

Attachments

• 14550664_10211099642033865_1573408925_o.jpg
    14550664_10211099642033865_1573408925_o.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 108
Looks good. I have an insert that is coal or wood and I really like the way it operates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's coal or wood, according to the label on the stove. We used to have a very small Century.
Yes it probably is classified that way. But almost all combination units are good at one and not so good at the other. In most cases they are much better coal stoves than they are wood stoves. Yes you can burn wood in them and they will make heat. But an actual wood stove will give you much more heat from each peice of wood you burn.

Agreed, this will likely be a better coal burner than wood. The Century at least probably had a secondary combustion system. There are some good Brunco writeups on the coal forum at www.nepacrossroads.com

Status
Not open for further replies.