new to pellets got a few questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you volunteering to fund the upgrade? ;)

Fund? No, But you might get some volunteers to have a look at it. Just keep an eye on them. Might not have much of a stash left once they leave! ==c

ItsSo far I have only had water find it's way across the middle of the floor. No flooding.......yet.

Seriously, I have only had issues when water touched the pellet bags. As long as they are up off the floor and water doesn't touch them? You should be fine.

One thing to check is the grade on the outside. My problem was the grade pitched towards the foundation allowing water to form puddles and find a way in(cracks). I just pitched the grade away from the foundation to get the water away. A couple a degrees of pitch is all thats needed in most cases. I also extended the downspouts on the gutter drains. We should probably start a new thread, There are many tips to avoid costly basement sump systems, Specially if its just during heavy rains. I'd exhaust all the things you can do yourself first! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.