New to Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the downer Pellet-King :p funny...

don't fret the buying, stacking, cleaning stuff....
the harman free standing stoves are the easiest to clean and maintain.. most harman owners go quite a while between full cleanings.
just scrape the burnpot couple times a day....
doesn't take long to buy pellets.. not like it's a daily thing ya gotta do...
once your stash is bought/ stacked, it's done.
carry a bag everyday to the stove.?... no biggie.....
just remember a day without the oil or gas furnace running is a happy day.
It's why 99% of us here invested in Pellet stoves.....

like Big papa said," My house is 75 right now wouldn't think of turning the oil burner up that high unless I owned stock.
used to keep ours at 67 degrees just so it wouldn't drink oil.. Those days are over. Even at todays Oil Prices.... 73-74 degrees 24/7

Thats what I'm looking forward to a constant warm heat instead of warm cool and burning that oil.

My house is 75 right now wouldn't think of turning the oil burner up that high unless I owned stock
Haha true that. I like the fact you can mitigate your heating cost up front

Thats what I'm looking forward to a constant warm heat instead of warm cool and burning that oil.
make sure you get yourself a good ash vac too

Reactions: Magilla60
I love my stove but the oil furnace will go back on if oil goes much lower. I will still use the pellet stove once in a while when Im in the mood for a fire but it will stop being my primary heat source.
I know nothing about Oil pricing but like most commodities, they never stay down for too long...
but, maybe with all the oil coming out of the Dakota's, this may become a regular thing.
only bought 200 gallons this whole year for DHW and still have almost half tank.

Reactions: Magilla60
I filled my 300 gallon tank back in August and still have 3/4.

Started with 3 ton this year at $767.00 delivered. 3 oil fills at $2.89 a gallon would run me just over $1500.00. Even if I need another ton of pellet I'm ahead of the game. Pellet average 72, that little oil would average 65 degrees and doubt it would be enough.

Reactions: alternativeheat
Right now I break even with natural gas vs pellets if you heat the whole house. However we zone heat as we have 2 Harmans and turn up the stove where we will be. 74 where we are and 65 setting the rest of the house. Save in the long run vs heating this old 1880's 3000sqft home with 11' ceilings on two floors in it's entirety. Plus I like having a backup heat source.

Reactions: yrock87 and bags
Status
Not open for further replies.