New to wood stoves - How to keep it going over night?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not entirely sure what the test is about. Sticking a dollar bill between the door and the stove body and see if I can pull it out? That would check if the stove door seals properly?

One thing I noticed. The thing thats above the door (http://www.woodlanddirect.com/Select-your-Osburn-1800-Stove-Louvre-Trivet-Kit-thumb.jpg ), going from the left to the right of the bay window ... That's not installed on my stove.
Now I remember that part was laying next to the stove when we moved in. I don't know what it does. AFAIK, it is only screwd in by two little screws so mounting it back on should not be a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.