1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

New toy

Post in 'The Gear' started by nate379, Apr 18, 2013.

1. nate379

nate379 Guest

Was thinking about a way to rake the yard without actually raking it. Lot of trees that chit out branches over the winter.

I end up having to rake most of it if I want to keep the mower blades decent. Raking kills my back.

Figured this would work nicely. Can use it in the summer to collect the windrows of grass plus clean up my wood cutting area too.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Attaches to a

[​IMG]

They have a bunch of other attachments for it, will get the weedeater head at some point and maybe the little saw (would be handy for pruning and limbing)
    loon and MasterMech like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Wildo

Wildo Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    jackmanistan, maine
    don't forget that you can use it to get rid of light fluffy snow (not three feet of it). It works great up to about 8" of the fluffy white crap.
  3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Might work good. How wide is that thing?
  4. nate379

nate379 Guest

It's about 2-2.5ft or so wide.

My Dad has a Shindowa (however it's spelled) one, was telling me he does their yard (about 2 acres) in an afternoon. We did it by hand growing up, usually took use a weekend and that was 3 of us.

Was gonna get a tow behind sweeper but my Dad said it wouldn't work that great. He bought one for the same reason. Uses it in the summer to pick up windrows but said even then it doesn't work that great.
  5. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Sounds good.
  6. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    Looks great - seen one in action before and certainly pushes well - you'll have to post a video of the land mines flying! Enjoy! Cheers!
  7. Jack Fate

Jack Fate Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northwest Ohio
    was gonna put on of them on my BG55 but couldn't keep it running

that was 3 yrs back sure they got that fixed by now.

good luck and let us know it works out .

I was told that was good for puttin' stones back in the driveway after you snowthrower & plow puts em in the grass
  8. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    May have to check that out.
    Let up know how well it works.
    Saw that Husqvarna makes a power sweep too that looks the same.

Can it sweep my wood stack & help ice melt ? ;lol
  9. curtis

curtis Member

Loc:
    northern michigan
    Funny i just saw a guy today on the way to work using one and i thought to myself that would be nice to have, let me know how it works for ya.
  10. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Cool Nate
    I was just raking some sticks and pine cones today.
    How dose the Stihl power sweeper work? What catches the sticks and pine needles and leaves and crap?

Is it like this?
  11. fabsroman

fabsroman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West Friendship, Maryland
    You do know you can get attachments for the standard powerheads too that are not the Kombi system. I have a full length shaft and have both the trimmer and edger attachment for it. The extension saw will be next, along with a pruner.

I am so far behind on yard work that an entire weekend will not get me caught up.
  12. nate379

nate379 Guest

No idea how it works yet, still have 8-10" of snow in the yard. Probably be another month till it's melted and dry.

I have a Troy Built that has different heads but it's not built heavy duty enough to run that power broom. The one they make for it is pretty light duty and only 12" wide.

I retired about 2 months ago and been working non stop on projects I've been wanting to get done forever. Finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
  13. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

It might? ==c They are the cats a$$ for spring cleanup, especially gravel in grass. When I worked for an estate, we bought one. What used to take me 3 weeks to clean up, went to a 3 day project. >> Don't get me wrong, it's still work but it's much like switching from mauls to hydraulics is still work.

They work on hard surfaces too, but I like the bristle brushes for that. Easy to swap between paddles and the brushes.
  14. nate379

nate379 Guest

Could be. I refuse to buy Husqvarna after they started carrying their cheapened down junk in the big box stores. I suspect they will eventually become McCullough, Poulan, Black and Decker, Craftsman, etc... all were quality products before the big box stores took over.

Yeah there is a bristle boom for it as well for driveways and I guess maybe the garage floor? I have a water broom for my pressure washer that works well for that.
    mikefrommaine and Joful like this.
  15. george2c

george2c Member

Loc:
    SWPA
    I have the stihl combi system with that power sweep. It works for good but is heavy..
  16. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    download.jpg
  17. blades

blades Minister of Fire

Loc:
    WI, Milw
    Light at the end of the tunnel, that's the express coming through.
  18. loon

loon Minister of Fire

Loc:
    ont canada
    I borrow my buddies :( and the leaf blower attachment is wicked ::-)

In fact i'm going to pick it up this morning and will take a pic ;)

Here it is and it sure works great..

loon

[​IMG]
    MasterMech likes this.