new twist on the snow plow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

St_Earl

Minister of Fire
Sep 9, 2011
millinocket, maine
i would love to bust one of these out when we have a light dusting.
i know my neighbors would get a huge laugh out of it.

ok, found the heavy duty version -

Speaking of snow ... how much do you guys have up your way? Typically Millinocket/Medway is my first snowmobile ride of the year unless we get an early storm or I break down and drive to The County -- Millinocket is close enough for me to make it a day trip.

we've had a fair amount, but it hasn't accumulated. lots of above freezing temps and rain.
i don't sled, but from talking to my neighbor and just from what's on the ground now. (less than a foot) i'd say the local area isn't ready.

Hah! Probably only a matter of time before we have full-sized versions of that and you can sit at your computer and plow your driveway.

We're just about back to seeing the ground down here. I wish'd it'd either be winter or fall. This in-between stuff is no fun.

Reactions: St_Earl
the last storm started when it was about 34f and then it dropped to just freezing and stayed there.
lots of heavy wet stuff and lots and lots of downed limbs and trees. a real mess.
i totally agree. i'm ready for it to make up it's mind.

Thanks for the snow report St_Earl . . . sounds like you've pretty much had the same weather as we've had but you've had a bit more snow . . . we have maybe 2-3 inches on the ground. All in good time I suppose. I work with a couple of guys from up your way by the way . . . Sam Monteith and . . . well . . . I forget who the other guy is.

i have to admit. i am from away. lived in portland oregon over 40 years.
my wife has gotten involved in lots of things in town, but i tend to be a bit of a recluse, so i haven't met all that many people.
i love it here though. we are up on highland ave at the end, and have real good space around us. and good neighbors.
the quiet is priceless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.