New Vermont Castings Defiant question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbennett

Feb 9, 2012
Northern Indiana
Well I did it, after messing around with a 0028 defiant/ encore for a few years I took the plunge and got a brand new Defiant. It's nice. It's really really nice. It does everything and works just as it should. Now to the question. I am not impressed with how the flue collar meets the stove. There is a 1/8th inch gap in a few places around where the oval to round pipe adapter meets the cast oval outlet on the stove. I spent the extra $ and got the Vermont Castings oval to round adapter. It fits tight and I have it screwed in place but there is still a gap. Does anyone else have this? Should I pack it with some thin stoverope or just leave it alone?

There is a 1/8th inch gap in a few places around where the oval to round pipe adapter meets the cast oval outlet on the stove.

Post a pic and I will see if this is normal. Not sure what you are referring to at this point.

I spent the extra $ and got the Vermont Castings oval to round adapter. It fits tight and I have it screwed in place but there is still a gap. Does anyone else have this? Should I pack it with some thin stoverope or just leave it alone?

Post a pic of this as well. If you are talking about where the pipe meets the flue collar, then, yes, there are some gaps. It has never caused an issue for me with the Encore, Defiant, or the Vigilant. They all work the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.