new..wood buring stove grizzley, help?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

baltimorechip

Nov 23, 2009
balto.
hello to all,

I just was giving a woodburing stove insert by Derco Grizzly Fireplace Stove.

3 questions:
i have a masonry fireplace now..so far everyone has told me just to put in, add the suround and start burning..is that it? Can you please tell me the steps if it's not that easy..?

the next thing is the gold trim...my house is more modern...can i paint the trim a brushed nickle or change the color of the trim?

i've dried to google the brand Grizzly Woodburning Stove Insert, by derco and i get nothing??? any help would be great thanks,

I know they used to be made in Blissfield Mich. Not sure if they are still in business or not. Sorry if i wasn't much help. EDIT And i would definitely use a SS liner.

I've seen these on Craigslist before, they look like nice stoves and are on the EPA list. Here's one now even! http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/hsh/1472454614.html
But anyway - I would try to get ahold of a copy of the manual if possible, maybe someone you find online could send you a pdf or something since they are no longer in business. It would help you to make sure you are meeting all your clearances and etc, otherwise you might have to check them as if it were an unlisted stove. Also just be sure that your fireplace is a masonry fireplace since some premanufactured fireplaces can only use certain approved stoves.
Although you can back it in and burn it up, most folks here do installations with a liner, which can be safer and possibly more efficient for the way the stove drafts.

I think you just have to play it by ear with the trim color you might have to do trial and error and you could chance ruining it.

Status
Not open for further replies.