Pellet stove insert help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Datnoid718

Oct 12, 2023
Long Island, NY
Hello all, I am new here. I did some searches and maybe someone here can help me please. My only experience is having a woodburning stove insert in my old house.

Im now in the market for a new pellet stove insert. Any recommendations as my depth is only 16 inch. My hearth is 17 inch. I have no luck finding one. Here is a picture my measurements

image.jpg

I wonder if you may like a freestanding unit that sits on that 17” hearth extension. You could then block off the opening to the existing fireplace around the pellet stove.
Not sure about the short depth you have for an insert. Maybe someone else would know.

Take a look at the Quadra-fire pellet inserts.