new wood getter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arlo

Nov 19, 2007
PA
It's a hand me down, just got my first load with it. Lovin it!

DSC05200-326x435.jpg

DSC05176-505x381.jpg

DSC05296-370x274.jpg

DSC05294-355x261.jpg

thanks, my sister brought it new in 88, it spent ten years in texas and then sat up hear in the driveway for a number. They got a new tocoma and didnt need it anymore. I loaded it up even with the cab yesterday and it drove solid.

She's too nice for wood work!

No roadsalt in TX. Give her a few PA winters and I suppose she'll be ready for abuse.
Congratulations.

Your truck puts my'94 to shame. I put some big BFG tires on my Toyota and my clutch went out shortly after. Take care of that truck!!!

Get the monroe coil over shocks for the rear. It makes a world of difference. Even if you stay withing load capacity it will ride more level and not sway.

Very nice truck. You should get many years of use from it.

Thanks, Yeah Texas was good to it! Beds rusted around the wheel wells but that is going to be replaced. Its got 166,000 miles on it, runs good, Im gonna take it off the road this winter and rebuild the motor (its a 22r) and do a solid axle swap in the front. But until then its my wood getter. I loaded it up again today to the point it was saggin in the rear, wood was mounded up a little over the bed rails. Anyway had to go up a steep wash out on a jeep trail, cruised in 4low no problem. Anyway, I thought the wood I chopped was elm, got home, checked my book and found out its black walnut!! I'm goinn back tommorrow and rough cut some 6 ft planks. I'm pissed at myself that I rounded alot of it. I guess Im gonna feel rich when I burn it ! I'm thinking about taking some of the rounds and making some small blanks out of it for wood working.

I put some big BFG tires on my Toyota and my clutch went out shortly after.
The clutch was replaced at 90,000. Im gonna replace it again this winter with a heavy duty clutch. Im not goin any bigger than the 31" mudders I put on it. I like it to be functional, it doesn't rub at all and feels good with that size. How big were the BFG's you put on?

Get the monroe coil over shocks for the rear. It makes a world of difference. Even if you stay withing load capacity it will ride more level and not sway
I just replaced all four with some cheap ranchos. I will be replacing the rear springs with some OEM leafs when I do the solid axle swap this winter, at which point I will be replacing all four shocks with some bilsteins.

Status
Not open for further replies.