New wood shed build

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job Jeep you're gonna love it!

Ray

MAN THAT IS SWEEEEEET!

I'm digging the metal. Very sharp.

Now that there's a SHED!
Well done, Jeep!

Very nice work. Just one question: why bother with the metal walls? I would think that the roof is all you need and open walls would allow better air circulation. I'll probably build a shed next year and I was just thinking of putting up some insect screen on the walls.

Very nicely done, you should be proud of that shed, the only thing that could make it look any better is the view from the house on a frosty snowy morning knowing that your wood is as dry as you are.

thats super nice im jealous

Nice shed.

Wow! About how much $ do you think you have in it? I'd like to build one for my old jeep and hopefully a new tractor.

Thomas- I like walls to keep the blowing snow and rain out.....

why bother with the metal walls? I would think that the roof is all you need and open walls would allow better air circulation.

I am also of the "fully enclosed" mind set. Where I live, if I had open walls the woodpile would become one large snow drift during winter. Only seasoned wood goes into the shed. My shed is not used for drying purposes.

By the way - nice shed, Jeep.

Thanks for all the kind words :cool:

Thanks to everyone on this forum since I spent hours looking at other sheds for ideas !

Air Circulation: There is about a 12" gap between the top of the walls and the roof, protected by a 1.5' overhang. The intent was to allow for some air movement through the top. Plus..I am three years ahead on wood and I plan on moving the current winter's supply into the shed in October so it can dry off about a month prior to using. Seasoning of the wood will not be an issue since it will be 3 years old already once its in the shed.

Cost: I would say total around $16-1800. It is overbuilt, with all treated 2x8s and all screwed together. I only like to build things once .

Thanks for all the kind words :cool:

Thanks to everyone on this forum since I spent hours looking at other sheds for ideas !

Air Circulation: There is about a 12" gap between the top of the walls and the roof, protected by a 1.5' overhang. The intent was to allow for some air movement through the top. Plus..I am three years ahead on wood and I plan on moving the current winter's supply into the shed in October so it can dry off about a month prior to using. Seasoning of the wood will not be an issue since it will be 3 years old already once its in the shed.

Cost: I would say total around $16-1800. It is overbuilt, with all treated 2x8s and all screwed together. I only like to build things once .

IF you liked to build things twice I would invite you over !

Reactions: raybonz
Status
Not open for further replies.