Newb here with an old Breckwell P23 and a few simple questions :-)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyro2

Jan 17, 2008
NW New Jersey
Greetings All! I just found this site and have a few, what I think, are simple questions concerning my stove. As near as I can figure it is about 10 years old. It was not used for about 5 years prior to my buying it. To give you an idea of the age, it has only the settings Low, B, C, and High. It also has a damper rod. I have down loaded the manual for it, but it does lack some information. On the burn pot, (or where it installs in the stove) there are 2 ports. One is large, and is obviously the air feed to the fire. The second is maybe 1/2 to 5/8 of an inch inner diameter and aligns to a hole in the burn pot. What is that for? What does it do? My other question is, I'm getting some soot build-up on the glass. It is forming towards the top, and only at the corners. I've removed and cleaned the metal plate at the bottom of the glass, and have "flame" tested with a lighter the draw of air at the bottom of the glass on the door. Plenty of air flow there! I'm thinking a gasket is bad, but I'm not sure which one. Is it the main door gasket, or the glass gasket? I have done all the cleaning you could do on it. It is keeping a 20 x 40 foot uninsulated room toasty, but I just want it running at its peak! Any and all info will be appreciated!

BTW, the Pyro2 refers to the fact that I shoot Fireworks shows :)

Pyro2 said:
Greetings All! I just found this site and have a few, what I think, are simple questions concerning my stove. As near as I can figure it is about 10 years old. It was not used for about 5 years prior to my buying it. To give you an idea of the age, it has only the settings Low, B, C, and High. It also has a damper rod. I have down loaded the manual for it, but it does lack some information. On the burn pot, (or where it installs in the stove) there are 2 ports. One is large, and is obviously the air feed to the fire. The second is maybe 1/2 to 5/8 of an inch inner diameter and aligns to a hole in the burn pot. What is that for? What does it do? My other question is, I'm getting some soot build-up on the glass. It is forming towards the top, and only at the corners. I've removed and cleaned the metal plate at the bottom of the glass, and have "flame" tested with a lighter the draw of air at the bottom of the glass on the door. Plenty of air flow there! I'm thinking a gasket is bad, but I'm not sure which one. Is it the main door gasket, or the glass gasket? I have done all the cleaning you could do on it. It is keeping a 20 x 40 foot uninsulated room toasty, but I just want it running at its peak! Any and all info will be appreciated!

BTW, the Pyro2 refers to the fact that I shoot Fireworks shows :)

The small hole is the ignitor tube

Depending on pellets used it it normal for the breckwell stove to have a Grey or brown haze Hallo on the glass
as long as it is not a black soot or a sticky build up you are good.

Im not sure where the air wash is on the small p26 but the top or bottom of the glass will have a air gap for air to such in to try to keep the glass clean.

See the this thread at the bottom for how to fine tune the air adjustment
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/13419/

Status
Not open for further replies.