Newb Needs Advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the manuals: they are tough to find if your stove is an 89-90 model. All the manuals on the Osburn website are for newer models but by and large they are the same. You have to review all the 2200 manuals on there and use the one that has the highest clearance required.

Angus.Young said:
Its actually a 99-00 model so only 10 or i guess 12 years old now :)

But i still cannot find it on the site...

Angus, one of the members here, Fyrebug, works for SBI. He may have some answers for you. I still can't believe you got that insert for $300.

Ok, so new liner has been purchased and it’s in the mail. Unfortunately it will be uninsulated, but with most of the chimney being in the garage anyway, I hope it will work and if not I can still use thermix or something. The shipping cost is what killed me on it. So now the next question, how do I get the old insert out? I can't seem to see any bolts etc holding it in, but it seems very well stuck. And it definitely is not heavy like a new stove.. I can rock it a bit but it won't come forward.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions to try to get this thing out of here and in with the new? The liner doesn’t arrive till end of next week at earliest so it’s not too much of a hurry... but I’m getting anxious to get this show started.

Thanks!

Edit its 19 feet from the top of the stove to top of chimney, so i hope that should generate enough draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.