Newbie here. Greetings. BabyBear owner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gregwood

Oct 17, 2018
Connecticut
Newbie here. Picked up this little guy for free. My father didnt want it anymore. Hooked it up my self. I did a test fire last week. Thing puts out some great heat. Perfect for my big basement.
I didnt like the idea of just a 6 inch hole out the back wide open. So I welded up some 3/16 plate to hold some of the flames back. Nut still allows smoke to exit out. Pretty happy the way it burns now. Little to no smoke.
20181017_083749.jpg IMG_20181013_145859_306.jpg IMG_20181013_145859_310.jpg 20180927_222024.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A baffle on top of the firebricks would also do the same with the potential benefit of a bit longer burn time.

I'm pretty happy with it. The stoves drafts really strong for a small stove. I'm glad I put in one of those flue dampers. I cant close the door with damper open all the way. The air inlet on front door makes this chattering sound like a machine gun? So if I close the damper at 45 degrees it goes away.

That stove didn't come with a rope gasket, or any otger gasket for that matter. I had to remove the rope gasket from my mama bear too. It may or may not seal tightly if you remove the gasket. Mine sealed good after I removed gasket, so I was happy about that.

That stove didn't come with a rope gasket, or any otger gasket for that matter. I had to remove the rope gasket from my mama bear too. It may or may not seal tightly if you remove the gasket. Mine sealed good after I removed gasket, so I was happy about that.
No they didnt come with it but some have worn over the years and need it now

Yep, that's why I consider myself lucky that the gasket didn't loosen my door seal. I didn't want to have to keep replacing gaskets over the years.