1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Newbie here, ready for dumb questions?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Yamaha_gurl, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yamaha_gurl

Yamaha_gurl New Member

Loc:
    Ontairo
    Hi Guys!

So my bf and I have decided that we want a pellet stove, we've been researching a tiny bit...that's how we came across this forum, and must I say, it's been a great source of information!

The thing that I don't understand is the piping. I'm confused because in some pictures I see that there is a pipe going above the stoves, and in others there isn't one...I'm thinking it's right behind the stove. So how many pipe are needed? We are looking at the TimerRidge TPR 55...(not too sure about those numbers), and it states that it comes with an outside air kit. Is that all that is needed?

Help please :)

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Read the sticky posts at the top of this forum - most pellet stoves have their venting from the rear, so that may be why you don't see it. The air intake is also located there. Intake air is sometime optional....

But the venting must be Pellet Vent Pipe, a double wall system made for these stoves. Ideally, it will go either up through the ceiling or roof - or else out through the sidewall according to the owners manual (download and read it before purchase)...

It is always beneficial to have the pipe rise up at least 5 feet - as this may help eliminate some potential problems.

And...welcome
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.