Newbie-Quadrafire MT Vernon non-AE rear vent adapter and install question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tractorman100

Jul 16, 2009
Northern MD
Please take it easy on me.....
Good morning. I recently picked up a used in good condition 2006 Mt Vernon and I am ready for the install to begin. In the manual, it shows a Rear Vent Adapter to be used for horizonal runs. I cannot find a part number or a seller of this item (on the net). Can I get by with just a standard appliance adapter? It shows a cleanout on it which would be nice.

Also, I have been quoted $1000.00 for and install which includes 375 for labor and 625 for 6' of pipe, 1 45 elbow, 1 rain hood and the wall thimble. I know it is subjective, but it seems a little high to me. And it is pipe good for corn, too
Thanks, Stacey

I believe a rear vent adapter is also called an appliance adapter, and with a Tee installed on that you would have a clean out. Install seems a little high but corn rated pipe is a good thing to have if you want to use your stove to its full potential.

tractorman100 said:
.......In the manual, it shows a Rear Vent Adapter to be used for horizonal runs. I cannot find a part number or a seller of this item (on the net). Can I get by with just a standard appliance adapter? It shows a cleanout on it which would be nice.

Also, I have been quoted $1000.00 for and install which includes 375 for labor and 625 for 6' of pipe, 1 45 elbow, 1 rain hood and the wall thimble. I know it is subjective, but it seems a little high to me. And it is pipe good for corn, too
Thanks, Stacey

Stacey, welcome to the forum....lots of real nice people here, so don't worry. "Newbies" get treated pretty well here.

As for your Rear vent adapter, I think a regular (corn rated) appliance adapter will do just fine. IMO, $1000 for a plain horizontal install sounds high too. 6' of pipe for a horizontal install??? How far is the stove from the wall??

Try getting a 2nd or 3rd estimate.....this is a good place to look.....just put your zip code into the section on installations, and see what comes up:

http://www.stovesdirect.com/installers.php

Thanks for the info, Guys. And thanks for the link! I just threw 6' in there, it's more like 4' total

Status
Not open for further replies.